Thursday, January 7, 2010

Valentine's Day '09

Roses are red
violets are blue
Valentine’s Day is coming up soon.
I am trying to find
the very best way
to make the most of this ridiculous day.
I could buy myself candy
or flowers or bears,
since I don’t have a boyfriend, it’s only fair.
I could take myself
to a fancy place to dine,
buy myself lots of lobster and wine,
That could work,
but conversation would lack.
Maybe I’m just on the wrong track.
I could take a vacation!
Drive for a day,
Go to a spa to just get away.
Too bad I’m so poor –
a spa would be grand!
I’d be the happiest single in all the land.
But alas!
Money I most certainly have not,
Ideas I have, though - I have quite a lot!
I could follow around
a hot movie star
see if he’ll take me out or buy me a car.
That would be a great
Valentine’s gift!
And Lord knows my heart could use that sort of lift.
I guess I don’t really need
lots of things on parade,
I would be fine with a nice serenade.
Maybe just a walk,
someone holding my hand,
perhaps down a beach, enjoying the sand.
Oh, who am I kidding?!
I hate all that crap!
All that romancing makes me feel like a sap!
Valentine’s Day shouldn’t be
about stuff,
shouldn’t be about showing off and all of that fluff.
It’s a great opportunity
to show that you care
because finding great people is tremendously rare.
So tell your family,
your friends, and your boo
“Happy Valentine’s Day,” from me
to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment